It is a well-known fact among mothers that any floor, newly mopped, is in need of some form of a mess! It never fails. Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother mopping! But, tonight was no exception, as soon as I took off Olivia's diaper for her bath, she immediately peed all over my clean floor! Oh, well, it doesn't hurt to mop a floor twice in a day, right? LOL!
John is gone to a city council meeting and then to stop by the Scout Recognition dinner. I'm not expecting him home until 10 or so. I must say, I'm getting very used to my evenings alone. I try to make the most of it, by finding fun projects to complete, or more time to blog, so that I don't get discouraged by doing all the night time routines with the kids by myself. I've been spoiled in the past, because we had a deal where I got up with the kids every morning and did everything, but he was in charge of night time baths and routines! I loved getting "off" by 7 most evenings, to clean up in quiet or occasionally even get out by myself. Oh, well, I guess giving that up is a small sacrifice and one I'm willing to make for his new calling. He is loving this new opportunity and looking forward to the growth he will experience. He loves the men he is working with, and so I couldn't be more thrilled. I also know the Lord will bless us, so in my attempts at a positive attitude, I have all sorts of projects lined up! Not to mention that I will have control of the remote control most evenings!
Oh, and before I forget, I need to wish my neice, Savanna a very happy 1st birthday! She is such a precious little girl and a blessing to her family! We couldn't make her party tonight because of John's obligations, but I have thought about her all day! I just wish I could give her a squeeze and kiss those chubby cheeks! Happy Birthday little one!
2 comments:
I am totally LOL, because Cole did that same thing the other day. I am sorry to laugh, but I know how you feel if that makes you feel any better :) I am glad that John is loving his calling, that is great! I am sending you an e-mail, just an fyi. Talk to you soon!
Oh how I remember similar days. I remember telling Kerry that I was going to have to get used to having him around more once he was released. I really like the idea of the morning/night time deal. Only, I would have to take the night. Still struggling to be a morning person.
Post a Comment