Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Yay! We are home! I wanted to post last night, but I was so exhausted after the drive that I didn't even stay up to enjoy Super Tuesday!

We ended up going back to the park, but we didn't stay too long. Both John and I feel that we are definately done with trips for a very long time! It is so much work! We rode a few rides, took more pictures and bought some souveniers, then headed out.

We left the warm, sunny weather of Southern California and returned to find our home at 48 degrees inside! Oops, I guess I turned it down a little too low! It took most the night just to feel warm.

But, it feels great to be back and hopefully can get back in our routines again. The kids weren't real excited about having to do school today. I guess they thought they should have gotten the whole week off!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Welcome back! It's always nice to be back home but sort of sad too.

I'm not sure if you know this or not but Aaron (my husband) grew up with Rachelle's husband, Lynette's husband, and Tyler's wife. Small world, huh?

I hope Obama comes out in front. I'd vote him over McCain, no question!

The Nicks Family said...

YAY for coming home. I know after trips like that it is so nice to be home. I can't wait to see pictures (hint, hint, lol). Glad that you had fun, and that you made it home safe and sound!

Wendy M said...

Glad you guys had fun!

I sympathize with your cold home when you got home. My experience was the opposite several years ago, and was the deciding factor in my leaving Vegas for Seattle -- we went north in July and arrived home to find the a/c had gone out and the apartment was 116 degrees! It took almost a week to cool the furniture back down...you might remember that -- I think we were living near each other back then...

:-) Wendy

Jodi said...

Glad you had a nice time. It's always good to be home though