Sunday, February 3, 2008

Not Wet Enough to Dampen our Fun!

It did rain today, just as the weather forecasted, but it completely cleared up soon after noon. The positive was that we didn't have to walk from ride to ride in the drizzling rain, the negative was that the clearer skies brought out the crowds! It definately was a lot emptier in the morning hours!

We had a great time. I felt like in many ways, this was our best trip yet with Sam. He did a much better job at not "losing" it when he didn't get to immediately get on a ride. He was also very excited about the different rides and the characters. Olivia also enjoyed herself, and I think the Winnie the Pooh ride was her favorite. I had to drag her off, kicking and screaming! Soon after, she saw Tigger walking through the park, and took off running to give him a hug. And her new phrase of the day was "I tared" (I scared). One of the first rides we went on was Snow White, and halfway through when the evil queen changes into the old woman, she kept saying, "I tared". It was really cute! She got over it quick, so I don't think she was too traumatized!

The three older kids were great sports about going on all the kiddie rides with the little ones, but we were able to sneak in a few bigs ones for them. All in all, it was a great and exhausting day. The kids are all asleep now, and we'll see how tomorrow goes!

3 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

I am glad you are having so fun! I can just picture Olivia saying that, she is so cute. And YAY that Sam is have fun and being more patient :) I hope that everything continues to be fun and I can't wait to see pictures. Your family is so cute and I am glad you get to have this vacation.
Oh and we are having to move and guess where we have looked at a house? Yes right around the corner from my sister. Why couldn't we have found one there when you first moved out here?!
Anyway, have a blast, and I will talk to you later!

Robin said...

Disneyland is fun no matter the conditions! Take lots of pictures...

Dave and Gretchen said...

Your new layout looks super cute! I love that Olivia is "tared." Sounds like a fun trip!