I just wanted to post and brag a bit about my two oldest boys! First of all, I can't believe they are growing up so fast, but I couldn't be more pleased with the young men they are growing into.
Last night was pack meeting. Chipper is no longer a cub scout. It was definately a feeling mixed with pride and sadness and wonder that it had all come and went so quickly. It seems like just yesterday, I was attending his first pack meeting with him. Last night he earned his Webelos patch, his Religious knot and his Arrow of Light award. He has worked very hard to earn these. Even with us moving to Vegas and back, he has attended scouts every chance he could. Last night, he missed baseball practice in order to go to Pack meeting, and afterwards as we drove up by the ball park to see if he could still catch some practice, he had such a good attitude about things. No one was there, and because of him being sick the first 2 days of the week, we both knew that it meant he probably wouldn't be playing in tonight's game, but his response was, "that's okay, it was much more important for me to earn my Arrow of Light". I'm thankful for a sweet boy who shows me every day where priorities should be. He is bright and cheerful and such a joy to have as a son. He is always willing to help out, even Sunday at Brodie's baptism, there was no one to lead the music, so he did. He had learned how to lead at his Webelos day camp last year, and wasn't afraid to share that newly learned talent. I hope he continues on through life with that type of willingness. I love you Chipper!
Also, last night, Mitchell graduated from a Wolf to a Bear and earned his Wolf badge as well as a gold arrow point. He was so excited. He's already brought me his shirt and badge this morning, so I can stick it on. I love to see his enthusiasm. He has been blessed with good leaders and so far, loves scouts! I'm so thankful that these types of programs exist and that my boys have had the opportunity to participate. Mitchell attacks everything in life with a great big smile and a lot of passion. Even when he is upset about something, he doesn't just mope, you "know" he's upset! But I wouldn't have him any other way! Once he calms down, he's always sweet and willing and just a wonderful boy! It seems like just yesterday, he was a tiny baby in the NICU struggling to breathe, and now, he is so full of life and energy! I'm very thankful to be his mother and for the past 9 years, as well as the many, many more years to come! I love you Mitchell!
5 comments:
You definitely have some great kids, I have seen that in the times we have been together! Congrats boys on your achievements, that is awesome!!!
you do have great boys, not that I'm biased or anything! Hey, I tried calling you today so we could play. I'm sure your busy but let me know if you get time. We were thinking of doing a BBQ tommorrow night around 5:30-6:00?!! Let me know if you guys are up for it.Luv ya!
Congratulations boys! Keep up the great work!
that's really cool.
I have always thought that Chipper was so responsible for his age- you do have great boys. I know Jarom adores them! I love keeping up with you on your blog-if you want you can check us out at http://benskinnerfamily.blogspot.com/
Love, Amy in Mesa
Post a Comment