Today started off like any normal day. John went to work, I fed the kids breakfast, cleaned up, sent the kids into the family room to play while I swept and did the dishes, you know, the typical morning.
As is often the case with me, I got a little distracted by an idea for a new kit I'm designing, so I was at the computer jotting a few things down. I figured the gate was up, the kids were safe, and they were all watching "Backyardigan's" so I had a few minutes.
Chipper's shriek from the other room, quickly reminded me that I really should never leave Sam out of my sight for even 10 seconds. He somehow had managed to climb up in the family room, lean over the gate into the pantry and get down a bottle of honey. He then proceeded to dump and smear the honey all over the new slide and jungle gym that Olivia got for her birthday. When Chipper yelled, it was because both Sam and Olivia were trying to slide down it and didn't make it real far. Don't ask me what the three older kids were doing while Sam pulled this whole thing off. They were in the room, but they aren't always the most observant!
Needless to say, the two little ones were quickly wisked off for baths and we had to clean the slide, floor, arm of the couch and part of the bean bag several times and I still think there are sticky spots!
I think I really lucked out with my first three kids, because they really didn't make many messes. But Sam will truly be the death of me, in one way or another! He certainly is trying to keep me on my toes.
I also wish I could say that was the only need for baths today, but several hours later, while the kids went outside to play, I was called out to find that they had completely buried Olivia in the dirt, except for her little head sticking out! Aah, the joys of parenting!
1 comment:
I fear that is going to be Cole and Delaney, ack! They are always getting into things together. I am so sorry!! I hope that it all comes out okay. How did his IEP go? I hope it all went well, I have been thinking about you!
Post a Comment