Okay, I just have to say that the kickboxing class I took this morning, was one of the hardest things I've done in awhile! Well, next to the spinning class I tried a few weeks ago! LOL!
But, in all seriousness, today I am grateful for this homeschooling journey we are on. There are days that are very tough and I wonder why we made this choice, but other days, like today, help me remember why! It is really fun to experience the learning process with my kids. I learn so much every day. Today, we were reading a book about Squanto and it mentioned how he thought the first horse he saw in London was a deer. This started a discussion of where did horses come from? Were there horses on the American continent, just not in the New England States in the early 1600's? It was fun to look up this information on the Internet and learn that there is actually much controversy on whether or not the horse actually originated on the American Continent.
I think what I have learned most through this journey, is that it is not my job to merely teach my children. If that were the case, then I would need to be a lot smarter than I am! But, rather, it is my job to serve as a guide and learn along with them. Children are so curious and interested in so many things, and I love to follow the educational paths they pick for us!
I'm thankful that I have this opportunity and I love every minute of it, even when I'm ready to pull my hair out in the middle of the craziness!
1 comment:
Good for you with the whole kickboxing thing!! :) I can only imagine the rewards that homeschooling brings. That is awesome!
Post a Comment