Friday, August 21, 2009

My Happy Ballerina



I love everything about this photo! It will forever remind me of my little girl, in tights and a leotard, so excited, so happy to finally be at ballet lessons. I think this means most to me because I have always loved ballet as well! I'm not one to live my dreams through my kids (well, at least I try not to) but I was blessed with a little girl who loves it as much as I do! I know it could change, but let me live in my dream world for now. I imagine her spending the next 15 years with me driving her to and from lessons. She'll trade in her cute little ballet slippers each year for bigger ones. I dream of the day when I will watch her pirouette across the stage in perfect elegance and form. She will turn and spin on the very tips of her toes like I tried to a million times as a young girl, in love with the elegant art of ballet! I just hope that no matter where she goes or what she chooses throughout her life, I hope she never loses that look of pure joy! I hope every adventure can be faced with that!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

awesom picture! Some pictures speak and this one really does. I try not to live my dreams through my children too. Aren't we lucky to have six. I find it really takes the pressure off of any one child to "be" what their parents want. There is so much diversity and opportunity to enjoy all that they "are".

Mandy said...

Great picture!
Sweet post, too :)