Well, due to rain and lightening storms, we didn't make it to the mountain on Monday. We were bummed, but we tried to make the most of it. Instead, we went to lunch at McDonald's and then to the theatre to see "Underdog". It was fun having the theatre to ourselves! It was quite the cheesy movie, but the kids had fun, so it was worth it!
Today, was Sam's IEP meeting with the school district and it went smoother than I imagined. He qualified for services and begins school the morning after his birthday! I can't believe that in less than a week (9/04) he will be going to school! I'm excited for him, but a bit sad at sending my baby boy out into the world! He will be attending the elementary school across the street from us and will be going to the a.m. session, so everything is truly falling into place for us! We feel blessed at how well things are working out. We have met so many amazing people on this journey with Sam and feel truly blessed by all of them.
Today was also the last day of his time with NEIS, which has had me quite sad over the last few weeks. Jude and Angie have become part of the family and they will never know how much they have meant to me in their great care of our little boy! They are wonderful women, who spend their days enriching the lives of many children! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday that Sam was 18 months and we were having our first evaluation done.
Well, that sums up today! I'm sure I will have lots more info over the next few days as we celebrate Sam's birthday and send him off to preschool!
2 comments:
Its so great that Sam is starting school. But that is definetly bittersweet for mama. ((hugs))
YAY for Sam starting school! That is so wonderful! I can only imagine the emotions you are going through. I am so glad that everything is falling into place!
Post a Comment